Gifting and Planned Giving
The Board of Household Concern’s Planned Giving/Special Gifts Committee is responsible for enhancing the church’s endowment fund and assists individuals in gift planning. Gifting includes
- – Outright Gift and Deferred Gift: The simplest way of giving. Subject to limitations, these gifts are tax deductible.
- – Bequests by Will: Such bequests are excluded in calculating estate taxes. The United Church of Rowayton can be included in new wills or added to an existing will via a codicil.
- – Life Insurance: Name the United Church of Rowayton as a beneficiary or co-beneficiary of your policy. Subject to limitations, the premium payment may be available as a tax deduction.
- – Gifts of Securities or Property: A gift of securities or real estate offers special tax advantages to the donor concerned with long-term or short-term capital gains.
- – Creation of a Trust: A trust may be designed to meet any special set of circumstances to guarantee family needs and eventually pay principal or income to the United Church of Rowayton.